Opening and running a business bank account
This online guidance is designed to help businesses seeking to open and run an account with a bank in the UK.
It lays out what to expect from a bank when you’re looking to open a business bank account, including what information you should have ready to provide and why certain questions will be asked.
Before a bank can let a business have any kind of account, they need to be confident that you are who you say you are and you are based where you say you are based.
If you are new to the UK Banking system you may not have access to, or be aware of, the documents that businesses in the UK usually have access to (UK bills, UK driving licence, etc), but there are other documents banks will accept for the purpose of confirming identity and address.
- Opening a business bank account
- Source of funds and source of wealth
- What to expect once all documentation has been provided
- Banks offering business bank accounts and how to apply
- What should I do if the bank says no
- How to complain if you remain unhappy with the decision or service?
- What happens if the bank decides it needs to close my business account?